Those criticisms aside, the point of this piece is to move beyond the criticism of Christianity and to outline why atheism is a far better choice for a person looking to lead a happy, fulfilling life. Atheism is often cast as a negative philosophy that offers nothing positive to he or she who abandons belief in deities. I have found the opposite to be true. They day I woke up and admitted to myself that I not longer believed in the Christian god was one of the happiest days of my life. A heavy load fell off my back, and I felt free. Atheism, as a philosophical way of living, offers much that can help people find happiness in their lives.Jason provides give examples of the benefits of atheism, elaborating on each:
- Atheism offers freedom of thought.
- Freedom of thought leads to the ability to think more clearly, to entertain possibilities that were unavailable before.
- Atheism focuses on life, not death.
- An atheist need not fear death.
- Atheism leads to a more developed sense of morality, a better system of ethics.
Subscribe to Mississippi Atheists